Oreo Dirt Cups
Oreo dirt cups are a simple snack/dessert cup which can be used across a variety of occasions and themes including: birthdays, holidays, springtime, dinosaurs, or excavation. Feel free to get creative! Have your kids help. Cooking provides opportunities for kids to work on reading, math, and direction following. And it can provide a sensory experience if they can do some of the work with their hands.
Oreo Dirt Cup Ingredients:
- Oreo’s (choose any type of your liking),
- Unsalted butter (at room temperature),
- Powdered sugar,
- Cream cheese,
- Instant pudding packages x2 – chocolate,
- Milk (or similar),
- Cool Whip,
- Gummy worms, candy eggs, dinosaur or excavator figurines, and
- Serving cups (preferably see through).
- Crush the entire Oreo package (or desired amount) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare ½ unsalted butter stick, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 8 oz. of cream cheese. Mix or blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, prepare 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding, and mix with 3 ½ cups of milk.
- Fold 12 oz of Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
- Combine cream cheese mixture (see above) with the pudding mixture. Mix together until well combined.
- In individual serving cups of your choice, layer the following:
- Pudding mixture first
- Gummy worms, or dinosaur “eggs” next (if using)
- Layer of crushed Oreos
- Repeat this layering process until the cup is full. A thin layer of crushed Oreos should be the final layer.
- If using dinosaur or excavator figurines, place these atop the final layer of crushed Oreos.
- Enjoy your Oreo dirt cups!